An Artistic Sanatorium . . . for the muse plagued with artistic attention deficit disorder.


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Merci mes amis!

I actually have some new artwork to post, but alas! it is buried in the rubble heap that is my new apartment.  It will turn up soon.

I wanted to do a special post for a few precious followers who have been so kind and supportive lately with their comments.  Tara, Renee, Sherri, and Ruthie . . .


And here are some bits and bobs I thought you might find inspiring.

First "Danse Macabre" conducted and arranged by Leopold Stokowski and recorded in 1925.  Listen to it here.
Via Morbid Anatomy and Dinosaur Gardens.

And a scene from a masterful Russian animated movie, Konjek-Gorbunok from the studio Soyuzmultfilm. Byzantine Russian palaces, firebirds, magic horses . . . I grew up watching this fluid, sparkling gem. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ruthie Redden said...

dear catherine, thank you for the special post x it is always a pleasure to visit here & see the treasures that you post, i love the film below. Do hope your rubble heap begins to clear. i seem to move every 4 yrs, not intentionally! and it takes me ages to get organised afterwards, u would think i should be an expert now * ruthie

{Tara} said...

Thank you so much Catherine!! This post just made my day [despite my being very late in seeing this!]. I hope all is going well for you, and that you have been enjoying the holidays so far...and thanks for the amazing links!
xo
Tara

Renee of the Fae said...

Goodness gracious am I late to the party!! I adore the Danse Macabre! I asked a local musician recently if he knew it (he plays varied acoustic instruments.) Is that meant to be Rasputin in the animation? I love how the king grabs his crown when he's being dunked. Haha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails