An Artistic Sanatorium . . . for the muse plagued with artistic attention deficit disorder.


Thursday, November 5, 2009

Circumspectively returning to virtual life . . .



The Martyrdom of Saint Cecilia, Stefano Maderno
© Rémi Jouan, CC-BY-SA, GNU Free Documentation License, Wikimedia Commons


In my art blog-wanderings today, stumbled across St. Cecilia - patron saint of music, as well as that of musicians, composers, instrument makers, poets, and the blind - who reportedly continued to sing despite her severed head.  Hmm.  I'm not so sure it couldn't have happened.

The months that have passed since I last posted anything in the virtual world have been full and heavy indeed. So many things have "died" of late - metaphorically and literally.  But I sit on a deep hoard of hope.  Not the desperate hope that clings to having everything resolved according to my demands, or the wishful kind of hope that expects to win a lottery, but the kind of hope that rides through the storms of life and gives life and joy. 

My heart still sings despite its severed state.

I hope to be creating and posting artwork again soon and to finally get my revamped Etsy store stocked.  Until next time, have a wondrous day!

2 comments:

{Tara} said...

I've missed you! Glad to see you here again...

Renee of the Fae said...

I'm so excited to witness your return! Though bittersweet (for you, it seems) we are thrilled to have you back. *^_^* This does seem to have been a year of death (for me, too). Perhaps it is the Universe reclaiming what it was not yet ready to fully give up to this existence? True, we may never know. Yes, it is difficult. Sometimes we must get through it alone. (Have you seen the film "What Dreams May Come"?) Should you need us, we're all right here for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails