An Artistic Sanatorium . . . for the muse plagued with artistic attention deficit disorder.


Sunday, October 21, 2012

New Store Opened



So our little one is well into her second year now and I'm finding little scraps of time here and there to unwrap all my carefully stored ideas and skills and dust them off.  

I have left my Etsy store closed for the time being.  Would love to stitch away at some more felt figures but they are just too tempting for little fingers in this house.  My drawing and cutting materials, however, are safely stowed at adult level for easy access during the little fingers' nap time and inaccessible access outside that window.  

I've opened a new store at Society 6. Artists can post there work, select what kind of printed products will be made from the work, choose their own profit margin, then get back to producing and promoting while the website handles sales and production. Can I just mention here how very intimidating it is to post there.  I did some browsing in the black and white category alone and came away frightened at the immense creativity and talent that is out there.  Most of my artwork is already sold or extremely small, and I don't have very hi-rez scans of any of them, so I can't sell a great variety of products.  I would love to be able to post for phone/laptop/tablet skins but that may have to wait until I get some new work done and find the time to get those slow-as-molasses hi-rez scans done and posted.  


All that to say, I'm hoping to come back on the art/craft scene.  If you have the inclination, and like my work, please consider signing in to Society 6 and clicking the promote button on your favorite pieces.  (It is next the the share icons under the price.) The more "promos" I get, the more visible the artwork.  



-->

3 comments:

Robin said...

Good to see you posting again, and congrats on the new store. I shared your post on FB. :-) I so love my embroiderer drawing and can't wait to see your new works emerge. Congrats on your little one. I know how challenging it is to keep the creativity flowing and be a mom, too. I just had twins on 10/3 and can see that it is going to be a while before I can craft a new routine for myself. Take care and have a wonderful holiday season. Robin

Elizabeth J said...

I'm so glad you're back! I purchased one of your prints from society 6. It's lovely and hanging on my wall. I plan to do a blog post about it soon.

When I became pregnant with my son 3 years ago it signalled a resurgence of ideas, but of course I had very little time. That's starting to change and now I have more time as well as a perfect little muse in my son :)

Merisi said...

Dear Catherine,
I found you because someone landed on my blog thanks to your blogroll link. Thank you for that, so very kind of you!

I hope you are well and who knows, one day you'll blog again and we'll meet again.

Cheers,
Merisi

Related Posts with Thumbnails